Sunday 5 June 2022

How to Reduce Image File Size in Chromebook

 I use free blogging flat forms so this means I have restricted data storage. I need to chop every file into its smallest possible size. Not to mention that I use Chromebook, limited on storage and application resources, unless you do not have a limited pocket to buy cloud storage or other physical memory drive.

I use the Chromebooks' native application "gallery" to reduce a picture file size. Just click on the photo you intend to reduce in size and it should be loaded automatically to the application. 

In this example, I am going to reduce the file size of "walking with a stick" with 2.5MB size into a manageable chunk for my blog.


At the "gallery" click the "re-scale" button to show the width and the height.


Make sure that the height and width ratio is locked before you change the numeral values. When finished, use "save as" if you want to keep the original photo on your computer, otherwise just "save" the image.



From 2.5MB, the image is reduced to 288kb. The image is easier to upload and it makes my blogs' limited storage to accept more files.


No comments:

Post a Comment

google.com, pub-9356159227116695, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

ShareThis

Popular Posts