Saturday 21 May 2022

Chromebook Can't Go Online

This is the first time that I have a Chromebook. Out of the box, I plugged in the charger, and the unit turned on without pressing any button. As it needs the internet to work, I tried to connect it to my phone's hotspot. The connection is established without any problem. When I click the Chrome browser, it says I'm not connected to the internet. So I clicked the diagnose  button. It is saying that the device is connected to the hotspot but also says that it is not connected to the internet.

 

 

A window popped open and said use the Chromebook as a guest. I clicked it and the chrome browser is connected to the internet.


The problem with the guest account is it can't download and save anything.

 

I noticed that I have not made any proper account yet so I turned it off and on again. When it is turned on, the window is asking me to log in to my google account. I guess this is the process of setting up an administrator account. After entering my gmail and password, the device is ready and can go online.


What I cannot understand is, how did it make me log in as it is not yet connected to the internet?

 

Or did I forget I did it already?  Anyone who can enlighten me?


No comments:

Post a Comment

google.com, pub-9356159227116695, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

ShareThis

Popular Posts